Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Embracing Friendship


My word for this year is, "Embrace". I want to embrace my talents, and whatever and whomever is brought into my like...it might be a new experience, a different point of view, a new acquaintance.

To honor the embracing of friendships, I have made a vintage card using my favorite stamps...Crafty Secrets.
Some of my favorite things are on this card:

-Cottage Roses made with Tim Holtz' Tattered Florals Die
-Flourishes (made at the Card Club I attend...not sure what company made this die)
-Trellis made with my new Silhouette machine
-Stitching

I tore the patterned paper, by Colorbok, and inked the edges with Distress Ink in Broken China. Stickles makes the flowers dewy.

I distressed all the edges with my scissors blade.

Tie it up with a ribbon, which I melted with my heat tool to make it ruffly.


Card stock by CTMH...very vintage as it is very old. I have had it for about 13 years. I was a consultant once...and the card stock has a white core so it's very distress-able.

I want to stay true to my word...and embrace the things I love and learn this year.

I love to learn.

I am entering this card in some wonderfully challenging challenges...
1.  Vintage Stamping Challenges by Flonzcraft - Pocketful of Posies (flowers)
2.  Cards Galore Challenge - Anything Goes
3.  One Crazy Stamper - Anything Goes (2/1)
4.  Oozak - Anything goes Plus pink and bling

What's your word this year? Visit Ali Edwards' Blog and read about "One Little Word".

Embracing the Future,


4 comments:

  1. What a stunning card! Happy new year and thank you for joining in with Cards Galore challenge this month, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Thanks for playing along at One Crazy Stamper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card with great elements. Your flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Flonz Craft Vintage Stamping Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOH, this is really lovely!! Thanks for playing along with us at Oozak Challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...please leave one!