Tuesday, August 28, 2012

If I Only Had...More Friends Like You!

Love this little guy from Digital Delights! DD is the sponsor, and he is my choice for my TTDT card for this oh, so interesting challenge being offered at Tuesday Throwdown:
color crazy
Using colors you wouldn't ordinarily use.

 Although I love Autumn, and the colors that go with it, surprisingly, this card turned out to be one of my faves! From the red and blue clouds, to the playful shadows, the Prismacolor Markers really made him look so creamy and sweet...and I totally love his white face.

I used some "vintage" CTMH paper from my stash. This was from a western themed kit. The front of the card is trimmed on the right side, so the border pieces show from the inside...make sense? Look at this pic...

I used a punch to make the edge, and inside the card, it says, "more friends like you." Cute play on words from the Wizard of Oz song...sentiment is from a set I made for H and M Stamps, now no longer around. The cloud stencil is CTMH, I use it A LOT. I made the oval with my Coluzzle. The ribbon is from my trip to the Offray Ribbon outlet many years ago, and the gems are from Michaels. 

All in all, this card was simple. The play on colors was a super fun challenge. The card simply came together quicker than most for me.

I am entering this card in some challenges...why not?
Divas By Design - Anything Goes
The Paper Shelter - Anything Goes
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes
Card Makin Mamas - Try Something New
Crafty Cat Weekly Challenges - Ribbons and Bows
QKR Stampede - Anything Goes
Hiding in My Craft Room - Share A Challenge

more time to create!
Have fun with this challenge,
Bev


13 comments:

  1. Love the way your card turned out using the RW&B theme Bev!! The pretty dps and border are very fun with him and his cute white face :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh he is so cute & perfect for an autumnal card. Thanks for playing with us at Divas this week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bev
    A gorgeous and beautiful card just love this image and fabulous colour's thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this card is stunning love it. The scarecrow is so cute. Love it.

    Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    Email Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. love how you have coloure the scarecrow I love this image and I love your clouds
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bev,
    Haystacks looks wonderful in his red and blue - I think this card is amazing. I also design for Digital Delights and I love Wendy's images. You've outdone yourself with this one.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it in red, white and blue. It's so patriotic and adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soo Adorable Bev!! Love your Fun red withe and blue color combo! Super job with those big fluffy clouds and love your fun sentiment too! Great variation and so perfect for your Sweet scarecrow! ( Now I am going to be humming " if I only had a brain", for the rest of the day,)... lol 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, he's so cute, great colour combo, fab card.
    Thanks for joining us over on ATCs & Fat Pages With Attitude.
    Hugs Alison x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is so cute, just love it. Thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great use of a colour you don't use much!! Beautiful colouring :) Thanks for sharing this challenge with us and for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What unusual colouring for Haystacks - I love it!! Thanks for joining us at Card Makin' Mamas for our Try Something New Challenge hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute and I love how you embellished the inside! Thanks for joining us this week over at Hiding in My Craft Room!

    ~Laurie
    www.hidinginmycraftroom.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...please leave one!