Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Coffee Break and a Challenge

LEJ Designs is having a Vintage Challenge! My fave...be sure to enter. The prize is 3 LEJ Designs images!




This card is a reminder to take a little time for yourself. The adorable image is by  LEJ Designs, of which I am  a DT member. Lindsay draws such delicate and unique images, so take a peek at her work, and pick up a digi or two!


I have combined her coffee mill, which is definitely a vintage image, with a couple of stamps from a Crafty Secrets set called, Kitchen Kids. I think all the images work together on this card.

The newsprint is from a trip to Epcot, United Kingdom. We had Fish and Chips there, so I naturally confiscated the paper wrapper from my basket. I have used it twice already!

The ribbon is CTMH, and the spoon is embossed with gold from JoAnn's. the gold eyelets are SU! and the sentiment is from a company no longer in business, which I designed a few sets of stamps for, called,
 H & M Stamps.

I used my scissors to scrap the edges of the cs, which I love to do. As I am scraping, I have to sit back and slow down...it's a good thing.  I used my Prismacolor markers to color the image. 

I am entering this card in some challenges (why not?)
Card Crafter's Circle - Rich Earthy Colors
Stampin' for the Weekend - Monochromatic
Charisma Cardz Challenges - Monochromatic

Thanks for stopping...now take a break!
...Bev


11 comments:

  1. I just love how youve done this ..its fan bliddy tasic lol Welcome to the team xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beverly,
    A great card I do like the coffee grinder image, and love your teaspoon and the coffee cups along the edge.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you used a real spoon at first! Very cool effect with the gold embossing and it makes the perfect embellie on the card! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card Beverly, I love it, love the layout, love everything about it xxxxx look forward to working with you xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful realization. Successful graphic effect. Bravo !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic great to be working with you emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really gorgeous, I love the spoon and the papers are beautiful, so glad to have you on the team
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely creation! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Stampin for the Weekend and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet card Hun

    Thanks for joining us at charisma cardz

    Hugs Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh, one of my favorite subjects -- COFFEE! Yup, I'm a coffee addict (grin). This is a wonderful card with the brown earthy colours (and the great subject). I just LUV the different elements you've added. The spoon is great. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Card Crafter's Circle. Did I mention I really like the subject of your card (grin)?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just stunning sweetie thanks so much for entering at SFTW hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...please leave one!