Friday, July 20, 2012

Pass the Cheese, Please


I was looking for a sketch to use, when I came across this one, newly posted by Cardabilities:


It's a stretch, but I have seen lots and lots of "stretchier" samples in the past.

I used Crafty Secrets stamps again. I took the lace border from Kitchen Kids, and clipped it a bit, so it would bend. I used it to make the edge of the plate, which is paper pieced. The rooster paper is from Micheal's and the black cs is Core'dinations colorcore cs. The green is NE Ivy by CTMH...from my stash.


the spaghetti is "vintage" waxy flax by CTMH, and the silverware is heat embossed in black, on copper metallic cs , which I picked up a few years ago...not sure where I got it!


The napkin is made of CTMH gingham in NE Iny, I distressed everything with Distress Ink in Walnut Ink, by Ranger.  The gold eyelets are SU!. 

I am entering this card in several challenges:
Digi Doodle Shop - Anything goes
DL Art - Anything thankful
My Heart Pieces - Use a circle of square
Cardabilities - Sketch
Creative Card Crew - Black card stock
Perfect Sentiments - Anything goes, sentiment on front





19 comments:

  1. How cool and very creative. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! Thanks for playing along with the Creative Card Crew and our Black cardstock challenge. hope you will join us next time.

    Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant idea love it. Thank you for sharing over @ CCC this week
    Elaine DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really awesome Bev. Thank you so much for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges this week and good luck.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is one very cool and creative and gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card - love the spaghetti.
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an imagination! I think this is a super interpretation of the sketch.

    Perfectly fits a dinner invitation. Love the creativeness.

    Thanks for playing @ The Perfect Sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that your card definitely fits the sketch. Thanks for joining in Creative Card Crew's "black cardstock" challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful card.Loved the idea of spaghetti.Cool!!Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week.
    Hugs
    Archana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bev, your card is so moxie Fab- incredibly creative and unique. I love all your elements and the way you interpreted the sketch. I Absolutely love this card. I just became your newest follower I hope you will follow me


    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is so pretty! Thank you for joining us at DYSU!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card. You really nailed the sketch. Great colors and your attention to details FANTASTIC. Coming your way from DL Art. Your newest follower here.

    Hugs
    Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute and clever is this! Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Perfect Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent idea, can you pass this to me please this is the beakfast time here :)Thank you so much for joining with us at My Heart Pieces Hope to see you again next week dont forget to check back if you are the winner.

    ReplyDelete
  15. agree super interpretation of the sketch and I feel that you really have a noodle there on your card..,really fabulous card...love this..good luck with the challenge

    I am also joining the challenge from Creative Card Crew my card is Nr. 88, would you mind to see it on my Blog? I would be so happy if you leave me some love :) many thanks before, hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a neat card! I love it! Thanks for participating in MY HEART PIECES challenge this week!!

    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this card! It is super unique! Good luck with your entires! My little one would love this card... she loves "gettie"

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Bev, this is a very clever and unique take on the sketch and such a wonderful card! Thanks so much for participating at My Heart Pieces last fortnight. Danie xx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...please leave one!