Thursday, June 21, 2012

Enjoying the Challenges...Summer is Here!

My first official summer 2012 card is done:



I decided to "surf" the net (since it's summer), and found a few challenges to enter with this card:


Clear It Out Challenge - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Ribbon, Gems, Punches
Cute Card Thursday - Summer Theme
Corrosive Challenge Blog - 2 or more punches or die cuts
Great Impressions - Dies and/or Punches
4Crafty Chicks - By the Sea

 I decided to use my newest stamp set, Seaside, by Crafty Secrets. I hand wrote on the "photo" as if I were making a scrapbook. I used a Martha Stewart punch on the left side of the card, punching vintage look paper. I also used a slit punch from SU! to run the gold ribbon through.

 The eyelets are from SU!. I distressed all the edges and gold embossed the edges of the image and the torn script paper. A gem is used in the center of the starfish, which I masked to stamp the sand dollar behind it.

The background paper is by Melissa Frances. It looks like vintage notebook paper. I stamped little flip flops on it. Then I stamped the sentiment in the bottom right corner.
Here you can see the ribbon which I heated to make it curl and melted some holes in it to age it. You can also see the layers which I distressed with my scissors along the edges, and inked with walnut ink distress ink by Ranger.
My adorable image is colored with Prismacolor markers and pencils, plus chalks. I also used a Gelly Roll Pen to highlight the edges of almost everything!

Thanks for looking, and Happy Summer!

Bev

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...great presentation of your card - and love...love...that image and vintage feel! So glad you joined us at Great Impressions Stamps Beverly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and I love the sentiment. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card :) Thanks for playing along with the eyelet challenge at Cupcake Crafts - Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! It's so beautiful & just a perfect piece of art to have in your beachy chic home :)

    I'd be oh, so happy if you joined us at Tuesday Alchemy http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com/ - You are a creative soul & we love that!

    Happiness,
    Corrinne

    PS - Win prizes at my blog (ends today so don't delay!):
    http://pinandtack.blogspot.com/2012/06/you-are-invited-to-my-vegan-barbecue.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for playing our By the Sea challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!

    Leanne DT 4CC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe this is just too cute! I love the colors you used and the image too. The layout rocks! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh girl ... you have certainly NOT lost your touch! This is FABULOUS!!! Love your coloring and composition! WOW! I am so inspired by your work ... truly!!
    Love & Hugs (a jealousy, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely stunning! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...please leave one!