Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Child's Garden Birthday

I am so excited! I was asked to have one of my cards posted on the Crafty Secrets Blog!  What an honor. 

This card is also created with Crafty Secrets stamps. I used Garden Girls and Bird Song., There are also a couple of images from Hardware.


I used to be a CTMH consultant, so I have lots of "vintage" paper. The background is from a scrapbook kit...with its roses and stripes, it is the foundation for this card. I started tearing and layering and before I knew it, I had this lovely card.
I used Prismacolor markers and pencils, along with chalks to color the image. The ribbon is "vintage" CTMH...my favorite gingham. I used my heat tool to melt the ribbon a bit...it gives it a nice crimpiness (is that a word?).

If you look at the green oval in the main photo, you will notice some dry embossing which I did the old fashioned way, with a brass stencil of all things!




The little birds up in the right corner are one of my most used stamps...I guess you could say its one of my "go-to" sets. I used a CTMH cloud stencil and chalk to make clouds behind the birds.

The lacy border is a border punch from Martha Stewart. I layered it with more ribbon and a couple of glittery brads I found at Home Goods.

I used Tim Holtz' Distress Inks and glitter also. I little sanding block and sponges, cotton balls and a chalk eraser were important tools. They are so basic to vintage cards, aren't they? At least for me!

Here is my favorite part of this card. I have never done this before. I went out into my backyard and found a twig. I glued it to the card and sat a little chickadee on it. Behind the bird you can spy a little girl from some Melissa Frances paper.

I really had fun making this card. I am entering it into a few challenges...

Crafty Ann's Challenge Blog, "It's A Girl Thing"
Send A Smile 4 Kids Challenge, Fun Kid's Birthday Card
The Cheerful Stamp Pad, "In the Garden"

I really love creating these cards for challenges. I do better with a deadline. I am always pleasantly surprised when a card is finished...I never know what it will turn out to be!

Thanks for looking...please leave a comment. I value your opinion.

-Bev

5 comments:

  1. A beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us at the cheerful stamp pad this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet birthday card! Any girl would love to receive this card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Send a Smile 4 Kids. Hope to see you back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Bev, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous vintage feel birthday card, well done, love the details, thanks for playing with us at SAS4Kids, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful details, I just love the vintage look you have given it! Thanks so much for joining us this week @ SAS 4 Kids in our "Birthday Fun" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...please leave one!