Sunday, May 6, 2012

Faux Feathers



I don't do crafts...other than stamping, painting, drawing, sewing, and collage. Hmmm...guess I am a crafter, huh? Nevertheless, I had no feathers in the house. (Oh, that's right. A few years ago I made a feather Christmas tree!)

Nevertheless, I didn't have any for the Joan's Garden Challenge...a vintage card with a stamped background, the colors olive and tan plus an accent color, and feathers. 
Then I had a brainstorm! And made my own feathers. 

I used white brads, and sanded and inked them. I used lots of  Crafty Secrets stamps, a Martha Stewart punch to make a vellum lace band, 





and 3 faux feathers. My inks are Tim Holtz Distress. I love distressing.



2 comments:

  1. WOW! This is simply AWESOME Bev ... thanks so much for stopping by my blog and letting me know you are 'BACK' in the groove! This is FABULOUS ... truly! I LOVE Crafty Secrets and you have showcased them beautifully! WELL DONE!!! Thanks again for stopping by my blog and for your kind words! Can't wait to see what you create next!
    And yes ... YOU ARE A CRAFTER! And a very good one I must add! Happy Sunday ... hope to see you again soon!!!
    Darlene
    DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bev ... me again! Please be sure to add this beautiful creation over on Joan's Gardens challenge! I think your homemade feather is awesome and should be shared!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...please leave one!